National Recycling Week 2018 - From Waste War to Recycling Reboot
Author: Liam Taylor
Planet Ark is encouraging everyone to reboot their perspective on recycling in the lead up to the most important National Recycling Week since it was founded 22 years ago!
Concern for the environment in 2018 has been dominated by discussion about the impact of China’s new waste policies and how Australian businesses and consumers can adapt, single-use plastic pollution and the ABC’s War On Waste series. In light of these developments, it is important for Australia to reboot the narrative around recycling and part of that is dispelling myths to ensure Australians can take control of their own recycling journeys.
This year’s theme, From Waste War to Recycling Reboot, aims to resolve confusion surrounding how to recycle right and what happens to our recycling, following a range of materials on their journey through the emerging circular economy.
Now in its 23rd year, Planet Ark’s National Recycling Week was founded to put national focus on the environmental benefits of recycling. While around 98% of Australians recycle, many don’t know what goes on behind the scenes. Part of the reboot will therefore entail providing information on what goes on beyond the bin.
National Recycling Week activities such as Buy It Back Day, Friday File Fling, Big Aussie Swap and the Schools Recycle Right Challenge are designed to bring recycling to schools, social or community groups and businesses, in addition to the recycling actions people take at home.
Visit recyclingweek.planetark.org or call the National Recycling Hotline on 1300 733 712 for further information about any of Planet Ark’s National Recycling Week initiatives.
Do you want to align your business/brand with an established and highly regarded annual campaign that continues to educate and stimulate behaviour change? For more information about how your business can get involved or to enquire about sponsorship opportunities, contact our Partner Relations Manager Kristie on (02) 8484 7233 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Battery industry leaders welcome support of Ministers for fast tracking a battery stewardship scheme »
- Office paper flung all over the country »
- Inspiring story: Sporting fields made from tyres »
- Complete the recycle cycle this National Recycling Week! »
- There's still time for a Fling »
- We're bursting with ideas, events and activities to share with you for National Recycling Week »
- Why buying it back is good for business and the environment »
- Mobile for a meal, recycling feeds those in need »
- Get ready for National Recycling Week »
- Fight waste and get a bargain at the Big Aussie Swap »
- Does your school recycle right? Take the Challenge! »
- Take the Schools Recycle Right Challenge »
- 14 Items You Can Recycle - But Probably Aren't (Part One) »
- Flings Save Tonnes of Paper »
- Schools Recycle Right Challenge Winners »
- Soft Plastic - Scrunch and Recycle »
- Cleaning Up Confusion for National Recycling Week »
- Planet Ark Launches 100% Recycled Office Paper »
- Win a YEAR'S SUPPLY of Naturale Toilet Tissue »
- The Naturale Schools Recycle Right Challenge Kicks Off »
- Giving Coffee Pods Another Life »
- Cash For Containers In NSW - It Pays To Recycle »
- Have An Eco-Easter »
- Get Your 2016 Environment Action Planner »
- Best Fling Ever »
- What's In a Label? »
- Is it Gold For Australia? »
- Make Recycling at Work, Work »
- Let the Flings Begin »
- Recycling Role Models »
- Are You Making the No 1 Mistake? »
- Inspiring Performers »
- Answers to the Big Recycling Questions »
- Test Your Recycling Knowledge! »
- Getting Your Recycling Sorted »
- New Label Makes Recycling Easy »
- Garage Sale Trailing Right Around Australia »
- Declutter Your Office E-waste for FREE »
- E-Waste Busters »
- The art of upcycling »