Mobile for a meal, recycling feeds those in need
Author: Ryan Collins
MobileMuster and OzHarvest have teamed up to give Australians a great reason to recycle their mobile phones. This summer for every mobile recycled through MobileMuster they will deliver a meal to someone in need through OzHarvest. It’s a great way to tackle two of Australia’s biggest waste challenges: e-waste and food waste, whilst also decluttering our homes and workplaces.
MobileMuster estimates that there are approximately 5 million old mobile phones that we are holding onto that are broken and no longer working. We all have them, hidden in the office drawer from the time you upgraded to the new model. In most cases, they are no longer needed and have expired their usefulness to us. Selling them is no longer an option because they are worth nothing and hence no one wants them. The value comes through recycling them with over 96% of the material recoverable and put back into the production of new products.
How can you and your business get involved?
- Share the campaign with your team and encourage them to recycle their old unused mobiles and accessories. Simply drop off them off, along with any accessories, at their nearest mobile phone retail store. You can download MobileMuster’s free campaign resources from their website.
- Register your workplace to be a MobileMuster collection point and they will provide you with a free collection unit where your staff can recycle their old mobiles. Register by visiting the MobileMuster website. Alternatively, if you would like to organise a one-off collection you can download a free mailing label.
Last year MobileMuster recycled over 60,000 mobiles and delivered 60,000 meals through OzHarvest to people in need across the country. They are hoping to do even better this year and are encouraging workplaces around the country to get involved and make a difference to the environment and someone in need.
- Battery industry leaders welcome support of Ministers for fast tracking a battery stewardship scheme »
- Office paper flung all over the country »
- Inspiring story: Sporting fields made from tyres »
- Complete the recycle cycle this National Recycling Week! »
- There's still time for a Fling »
- We're bursting with ideas, events and activities to share with you for National Recycling Week »
- Why buying it back is good for business and the environment »
- Get ready for National Recycling Week »
- Fight waste and get a bargain at the Big Aussie Swap »
- Does your school recycle right? Take the Challenge! »
- Take the Schools Recycle Right Challenge »
- 14 Items You Can Recycle - But Probably Aren't (Part One) »
- Flings Save Tonnes of Paper »
- Schools Recycle Right Challenge Winners »
- Soft Plastic - Scrunch and Recycle »
- Cleaning Up Confusion for National Recycling Week »
- Planet Ark Launches 100% Recycled Office Paper »
- Win a YEAR'S SUPPLY of Naturale Toilet Tissue »
- The Naturale Schools Recycle Right Challenge Kicks Off »
- Giving Coffee Pods Another Life »
- Cash For Containers In NSW - It Pays To Recycle »
- Have An Eco-Easter »
- Get Your 2016 Environment Action Planner »
- Best Fling Ever »
- What's In a Label? »
- Is it Gold For Australia? »
- Make Recycling at Work, Work »
- Let the Flings Begin »
- Recycling Role Models »
- Are You Making the No 1 Mistake? »
- Inspiring Performers »
- Answers to the Big Recycling Questions »
- Test Your Recycling Knowledge! »
- Getting Your Recycling Sorted »
- New Label Makes Recycling Easy »
- Garage Sale Trailing Right Around Australia »
- Declutter Your Office E-waste for FREE »
- E-Waste Busters »
- The art of upcycling »