Inspiration is in Our Nature
Author: Debbie Agnew
Nature elevates the human spirit. It ignites passion, inspiration, creativity and purpose. And it’s the driving force behind why a quarter of a million people participate in National Tree Day each year. There are few places on earth more beautiful and with a more outdoors lifestyle than Australia. Be inspired and become a site coordinator. Schools Tree Day is Friday 28 July and National Tree Day is Sunday 30 July.
We’re looking for coordinators who can host public planting events at local parks, land care or regeneration sites, sports fields, Scout Halls, or events for their community at a school or pre-school, place of worship or a workplace.
Coordinators will help connect their communities with thousands of other generous, green-minded individuals around the country to enjoy and protect Australia’s unique natural environment and benefit from positive health and wellbeing outcomes.
Coordinators don’t need to be planting professionals, as Planet Ark will provide information and ideas on how to organise an event
Tree Day engages the community in hands-on, fun, positive environmental action, in places where they live, work and play. It is based on the rationale that we can make a world of difference when we come together for the health and wellbeing of the planet and all its inhabitants.
Find out more about becoming a site coordinator in your community.
Other Ways to Get Involved
- Over the coming months coordinators will register sites around the country. Find a site near you (and if you can’t find one now remember to look closer to the date).
- Start a vegie patch or tree planting at your child’s school.
- Create a vertical garden or host a plant giveaway at your workplace.
- Plant in your own backyard, patio or balcony.
- National Tree Day Research 2018: Connect in Nature »
- Take the Schools Recycle Right Challenge »
- Australians celebrate 22 years of National Tree Day »
- National Tree Day is this weekend! »
- Scientist Discover Massive New Forests »
- Get Crafty this Christmas »
- Win a YEAR'S SUPPLY of Naturale Toilet Tissue »
- 5 Photos You Can Take to Help the Environment »
- Our coordinators have done a tree-mendous job! »
- Community Garden Transformation Competition 2016 »
- Students grow more with nature »
- Community Garden Competition »
- Adding Trees - A Prescription for Health, Happiness and Fulfilment »
- The Importance of Green Public Spaces »
- The benefits of gardening for little people »
- Inspirational teachers share their story on improving student performance (CPD points) »
- Mother's Day green gift ideas »
- Back at work? keep that vacation feeling with some 'Green' time... »
- What does January mean for a Christmas Tree? »
- Give someone a (indoor) tree this Christmas! »
- Discount Tickets for 'dirtgirl's get grubby the musical' at the Opera House »
- Schools Tree Day 2015 Winners Announced »
- Awake to the Fun of Recycling »
- Reduce Your Pet's Paw Print »
- Tree Cheers For Australia! »
- A Rock 'N' Roll Tree Day »
- Wise Words From An Eleven-Year-Old »
- The art of upcycling »
- Happy Eco-Easter! »
- Clean Clothes for Sensitive Souls »
- Planet Ark Ambassadors Honoured »
- The Real Tree Day Stars - Our Site Coordinators »
- Turning Trash Into Treasure »