Rescued Funky Fashion
Date: 10 July - 6 October 2017
Address: Hacking street
City: Moreton Bay Qld
Category: National Recycling Week Event
Moreton Bay Regional Council is on a quest to find our next Regional Recycler!
Rescued Funky Fashion
This year get creative and inspired to save disposable items and create an outfit.
MBRC Schools and Early learning centres - one entry accepted per school or centre.
Enter the competition: Rescued Funky Fashion
- Schools and Early Learning Centres (ELCs) within the Moreton Bay Region can enter.
- Upload on video for your school or ELC with your student/s wearing/displaying their 'Rescued Funky Fashion' and being active in waste minimisation at your School/ELC to YouTube and submit your entry with your YouTube weblink.
- Interesting design of an outfit showing innovative and sustainable ways of saving and reusing waste as clothing and/or accessories (bag, hat, shoes, jewellery)
- Make sure you have photograph permission for the child/ren in your video - please complete the Council form provided in the competition email invitation and uploads 1 pdf file for all children used in the video.
- Enter the competition online
Prizes to be awarded:
- 1st prize for the winning school or ELC = $2,500 prize value
- Three (3) highly commended awards = $500 each prize value
Competition commences on 10 July and on closes 6 October 2017.
- The ‘Rescued Funky Fashion’ are recommended to be eye catching and interesting.
- Include creative ideas for creating wearable items from used and unwanted waste items at home and at school.
- Interesting design of an outfit - one or more clothing item, accessories include bag/hat/jewellery etc.
- Innovative use of unwanted waste items diverted from general waste, where possible.
- plastic bags,
- wrap or film,
- plastic strapping and rope,
- plastic straws,
- plastic irrigation tube,
- plastic plumbing pipe,
- plastic shadecloth,
- coffee pods.
- coffee cups that you can’t tear because of a plastic film insert,
- non-recyclable paper (may be plastic & paper or aluminium laminated together),
- waxed cardboard,
- fabric - clothes, towels, Manchester etc,
- pillows, quilts, blankets,
- Recyclable items may be used, but make sure the outfit can be easily dismantled to remove recyclable paper, cardboard, or packaging containers for recycling, when no longer required.
- Showcase the outfits in a fashion parade at your school or early learning centre and record the fashion parade and explain what waste items were used for this design.
- Upload your fashion parade video onto YouTube
- Your video YouTube links will be displayed on the Moreton Bay Regional Council website.
- Some photographs/videos with the school or centre name will be promoted on Moreton Bay Regional Council’s Facebook events or Instagram page #mbrcregionalrecycler .
- The Mayor and Councillor judging panel will select the winner and three (3) highly commended entries.
- The winner and finalists will be notified, and promoted through facebook, Instagram, Councils website and local Quest newspapers.
Tip: Schools and Early Learning Centres are encouraged to create a video that can also be added to your webpage promoting the sustainable initiatives at your school or centre.
Terms and conditions
- View the competition terms and conditions