Buy It Back Day
What is Buy It Back Day?
Planet Ark's Buy It Back Day will be held on Saturday 17 November 2018 during National Recycling Week. It is a day for the community to celebrate National Recycling Week with mindful purchasing by:
- Buying something secondhand OR
- Buying a product made from recycled materials.
How do I get involved?
We're calling on the community to:
Buy It Back - Re-use
- Search for a participating secondhand shop near you;
- Head on in to a participating secondhand shop to find a pre-loved bargain, special discounts, a bbq, prizes or whatever else is may be on offer;
- Post a photo on social media with #BuyItBack and #NationalRecyclingWeek explaining why you made the purchase; AND/OR
If you manage a tip shop or secondhand shop.
Buy It Back - Recycled Goods
- Buy something made with recycled materials at your local shopping centre or online*; then
- Post a photo on social media with #BuyItBack and #NationalRecyclingWeek explaining why you made the purchase.
*We recommend buying a replacement product for an item that would normally be purchased anyway so as to reduce waste.
What sort of products are made from recycled materials?
Simply search our Recycled Products List.
Why should I Buy It Back?
Buying secondhand items or products made from recycled materials reduces your impact on the environment. It saves the resources and energy that go into making products from virgin materials. Buying recycled helps to close the recycling loop and support the circular economy rather than the take-make-throwaway economy.