Parliamentarians Promotional Resources
To make it as easy as possible to promote National Recycling Week 2017 to your constituents, staff and colleagues, we have developed a range of promotional resources for you to use.
This year, our media initiatives will be focused on our brand new guide, From Waste War to Recycling Reboot. Our ready-to-use adaptable media release is available for download here.
We have developed the Golden Rules of Kerbside Recycling individual graphics as well as an A3 poster that you can share with constituents. It's based on feedback from council waste educators around Australia.
For NRW 2017, we have developed a research guide titled, What Goes Around: Why Buying it Back Matters which shows what happens to recycling beyond the bin, the importance of closing the recycling loop and helps householders and organisations to look for products made from recycled materials.
Have your constituents test their recycling knowledge by doing our online Recycle Right Quiz.
A range of up-to-date photos for National Recycling Week 2017 are available for download from the Photo Gallery.
To assist parliamentarians in promoting recycling, Planet Ark has made available the National Recycling Week logo. A zip file, with multiple file formats, is available for download here.
If you do use the logo, we'd really appreciate you sending us a copy of any promotions or resources you use the logo for. Wherever possible we like to keep these for our records. If you have an questions feel free to contact us on 02 8484 7200 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
The below email can be used to help us promote National Recycling Week to your constituents, staff and colleagues. Simply cut and paste the text below and hit send!
Help Celebrate National Recycling Week 2017
[Insert Parliamentarian name and title] and Planet Ark are encouraging Australians to keep recycling but ,to also fully close the recycling loop, it's important to buy products made with recycled content. National Recycling Week is a great time to do this
"We’re actually surrounded by products made from our recycling, and people may be surprised by some of the recycled products out there," says [Insert Parliamentarian name and title]. "To keep valuable resources like plastic, metal and paper in circulation and out of landfills, [Insert electorate] residents need to buy back the products that have been made from our recycling."
Visit RecyclingWeek.PlanetArk.org or call the National Recycling Hotline on 1300 733 712 to discover the many ways you can get involved in Planet Ark's National Recycling Week events and initiatives, whether at home, school or work.
National Recycling Week is kindly supported by Major Sponsor Naturale Tissue Products, Associate Sponsors, Bingo Bins and ‘Cartridges 4 Planet Ark' and Supporting Sponsors Australian Paper, MobileMuster, Tetra Pak and Tyre Stewardship Australia
Social Media Tips
- Use our Golden Rules of Kerbside Recycling individual graphics on social media during National Recycling Week.
- Send us any interesting facts or images that we can post about on our Planet Ark facebook page, and like us to receive recycling updates
- Tag Planet Ark on Facebook, @PlanetArk on Twitter or @ourplanetark on Instagram and #NationalRecyclingWeek when you tell your fans/followers about your support.
- Facebook: We're proud to support Planet Ark's #NationalRecyclingWeek 2017,13-19 November. Want some inspiration? Like @Planet Ark for great recycling ideas and news http://www.facebook.com/planetark
- Twitter: Proud to support @PlanetArk's #NationalRecyclingWeek 13-19 Nov. Find out how u can get involved @ home, work & school http://RecyclingWeek.PlanetArk.org
Adaptable Media Release for Parliamentarians
Media Release - Adaptable for MPs National Recycling Week 2018