National Tree Day is this weekend!
Author: Debbie Agnew
The 22nd National Tree Day is this weekend!
In the lead up please join us in celebrating Australia's breathtaking natural environment with award-winning photographer and National Tree Day Ambassador, Steve Parish as he presents his 50-year love affair with trees in a stunning online photo collection, It's In Our Nature.
This online exhibition takes you on a journey across our great country, from the heart of our Red Centre, to our lush rainforests. Steve captures the beauty, diversity and true nature of Australia and its people. His photography instills a sense of awe, beauty, hope and reverence for our natural environment. Steve's striking imagery and narrative reflect the power and potential of nature to inspire us and is a tribute to the living giving force within each and everyone of us. It teaches us that connecting with nature helps grow qualities like creativity, collaboration, resilience, vitality and empathy - qualities we all strive for! These findings have been the subject of Planet Ark and Toyota's research over the past couple of years.
Toyota is celebrating their 18th year as the Major Sponsor of Planet Ark's National Tree Day. We'd like to thank Toyota for making National Tree Day possible. Toyota mobilises its entire business network of dealers, staff and brand ambassadors to support Tree Day and assist local schools, councils and groups to take an active part in caring for their local environment.
This year the official National Tree Day site will be in Sydney’s geographical centre with Parramatta City Council at Third Settlement Reserve, Edison Road Winston Hills.
For those in Victoria, please join us with the City of Hobsons Bay and help us green Kororoit Creek, Blackshawa Road, Altona North.
We would love for you to join us at either of these events - if you do, please come and say hi!
If you can't make either of those sites, there are hundreds of community sites taking place across the country. To find a site near you visit the Tree Day website and search via your suburb and postcode. And if you are organising a Tree Day event for your business, please do let us know!
Hear from our very own Debbie Agnew, National Tree Day Manager about the lessons she's learned from trees and the inspiration behind Australia's largest community tree planting and nature-care event.
- Schools Tree Day, Friday 28 July 2017
- National Tree Day, Sunday 30 July 2017
We welcome any support businesses can offer to the many amazing volunteers who make the event possible. For more information visit the Tree Day website.
- 10 waste reducing tips from the Planet Ark staff »
- International House Sydney wins two major international design awards »
- Australians celebrate 22 years of National Tree Day »
- Planet Ark pays tribute to former Head of Campaigns, Brad Gray »
- Scientist Discover Massive New Forests »
- An Impressive 10 Million and Counting »
- Inspiration is in Our Nature »
- Three Behaviour Change Tricks for Home or Work »
- Win An iPad Pro by Taking Our Survey »
- New Scrap Metal Legislation for NSW »
- Wood - Nature Inspired Design Report Launched on World Wood Day »
- 4 Ways to Make the Business Case for Less Waste »
- 14 Items You Can Recycle - But Probably Aren't (Part One) »
- Flings Save Tonnes of Paper »
- Soft Plastic - Scrunch and Recycle »
- Planet Ark Launches 100% Recycled Office Paper »
- Planet Ark Launches 100% Recycled Office Paper »
- Win a YEAR'S SUPPLY of Naturale Toilet Tissue »
- It's Time For Another Fling »
- There's a Machine for That! »
- 5 Photos You Can Take to Help the Environment »
- Our coordinators have done a tree-mendous job! »
- Community Garden Transformation Competition 2016 »
- Help a Deafblind Person With Your Unwanted Smartphone »
- Students grow more with nature »
- Community Garden Competition »
- Adding Trees - A Prescription for Health, Happiness and Fulfilment »
- Don't Miss Out On Funding Grants »
- The Importance of Green Public Spaces »
- The benefits of gardening for little people »
- Learn From The New Wave In Innovation »
- Inspirational teachers share their story on improving student performance (CPD points) »
- Mother's Day green gift ideas »
- Going Bananas About Waste »
- Working Together To Reduce Food Waste »
- Reducing Waste and Costs for Business Happiness »
- Compacting Waste Costs By 50% »
- What's the Deal With Business Waste? »
- A Tablet for Your Thoughts »
- Have A Light Bulb Moment With Broken Bulbs »
- Change Accelerates 'Wood First' Policies »
- Get Your 2016 Environment Action Planner »
- How To Save On Waste Costs »
- Back at work? keep that vacation feeling with some 'Green' time... »
- What does January mean for a Christmas Tree? »
- Give someone a (indoor) tree this Christmas! »
- Discount Tickets for 'dirtgirl's get grubby the musical' at the Opera House »
- Drink Coffee? Take our Coffee Recycling Survey »
- Best Fling Ever »
- Recycle your old mobiles & help the Salvos »
- Trim Your Waste »
- Schools Tree Day 2015 Winners Announced »
- Celebrate Recycling at Work »
- Save the date! 'Waste Not, Want Not' Day is coming »
- $50,000 Rebate Open for NSW Businesses to Increase Recycling »
- Make Recycling at Work, Work »
- Let the Flings Begin »
- Recycling Role Models »
- Inspiring Performers »
- Answers to the Big Recycling Questions »
- Awake to the Fun of Recycling »
- Declutter Your Office E-waste for FREE »
- Power Tool Battery Recycling Pilot Launches in Brisbane »
- Reduce Your Pet's Paw Print »
- Tree Cheers For Australia! »
- A Rock 'N' Roll Tree Day »
- Wise Words From An Eleven-Year-Old »
- E-Waste Busters »
- Identifying Asbestos »
- One House, Four Hours, Four Tonnes of Recycling »
- The art of upcycling »
- Creative Composting »
- Planet Ark Ambassadors Honoured »
- The Real Tree Day Stars - Our Site Coordinators »
- Turning Trash Into Treasure »