How to Host Buy It Back Day
What is Buy It Back Day?
Planet Ark's Buy It Back Day is a day for the community and secondhand shops to celebrate re-use and recycling and get involved in National Recycling Week. It's about promoting ways to save the resources and energy that go into making products from virgin materials.
How do secondhand shops get involved?
- Plan your event for Saturday 18 November during National Recycling Week (13 - 19 November 2017), or choose another day if that doesn’t suit.
- Decide what to do – you could:
- Offer discounts to customers on that day;
- Hold a BBQ for customers & raise money for your favourite charity;
- Have a lucky door prize on the day;
- Have prizes for photos shared on social media from the event; and/or
- Come up with something else!
- Register your event so it can be found on the National Recycling Week website.
Promote your event
1. Click and download one of our adaptable posters to promote your Buy It Back Day celebrations. You can enter your own event details, date and time. There is also a spot to insert your logo. Then simply print it off.
2. Promote your event on social media, with councils and the local media using #BuyItBack and #NationalRecyclingWeek. You can even download our Buy It Back icon and add it to your image.
3. Spread the word by linking to our Buy It Back Day information page for the public.